Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Donations & Inspiration

Donations:

I love my friends! I do. Some of you have already asked "How can I help? Can I watch your kids? Can I do your car-pool for you while you're gone?" Well, I'm sure all of those things will be appreciated and needed when the time comes, so I'll be in touch as we get a little closer - believe me! And those of you who are already praying for this (and who have been for a few months now - you know who you are!), thank you! One huge prayer request answered!


In the meantime, I did find out that if anyone wants to help us fund this little adventure, one can donate through the Visiting Orphans website. And, it's tax deductible! To do so, just go to the Visiting Orphans "Make A Donation" page by clicking HERE. You'll notice a question on the form: "Would you like to designate this donation to a specific team member?" When you check the "yes" box, just type in my name. Or, checks can be mailed to this address indicating whose missions trip the donation is meant for. (Please send me an e-mail if you do this...I don't know if "they" will tell me you did, and I'd like to say thanks. And, in case you don't know how to spell my name or don't know me because someone forwarded this blog to you, it's Angie Hendren).

FYI...the cost of the trip is estimated to be between $3400 - $3600. Do I have all of this on hand at this moment? Nope! But I know it'll work out somehow because this was totally God's idea. And, all I have (or will have) is His anyway!

There are photos from a V.O. trip in 2010 you might find enjoyable. Click HERE to see them!

Finally, this trip is not about me. I'm sure most of you know this, but I guess I say this because I'm the one who "gets to travel". And, if you are someone who ends up making a financial contribution, I'll be traveling on some of your dimes.

Inspiration:

I came up with a second personal goal for why I am willing and ready to head over-seas. It's to come back "armed and dangerous" with information, ideas, encouragement and inspiration to share with all of you! So, you WILL get something new and different for your own lives with your dimes! I will just go and bring it back for you!

Click this VIDEO to watch (and learn) a little about the realities of my neighbors (and yours) a world away. I promise - it's worth 11 minutes of your life! At about minute 8...WOW! And, at minute 10 1/2...Another WOW! I honestly never thought I'd look forward to going to a dump, but I am! (now, that's a sentence I never thought I'd be typing:)


No comments:

Post a Comment