Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Monday, April 18, 2011

What A Night!

The Card-Art Gala & Spaghetti Dinner was a success. What's my definition of success? 1) Fun. 2) Educational. 3)Kid-Friendly. 4) Lots of $ to spend on kids who don't have a family. 5) You fill in the blank_____.

Our MC for the night was amazing!
(way to go, Madam C)


Hope you all noticed the "conflict free" info.!!!


What a sweetie my sweetie is...

Donations & Volunteers...

Dennie...you make me laugh. Are you stealing the treats?
Or bringing them back?


See...volunteers get to eat, too.
& look at that loot!


A Giant Cake Walk. Who knew Oreo Cookie Balls would be such a hit?

"Look what I won!"

I think every kid there helped out. Aren't kids great!


An "adult" table VS. the "kids" table (wonder that they ate?)


Some very sweet friends joined us for our little Africa "party"


See the drip? It dropped. (hope your mom has Spray 'n Wash)


More friends...


Kids trying very hard to look innocent.



All in all, $1,353 was raised. Wow! Here is the breakdown:
$130 in "Card Art Gala" donations.
$ 520 in Auction donations and other fundraisers (necklaces, coffee, hair bows).
$700 from tickets & friends who just wanted to help out.
$3 from a cute 9 year old who handed me all of her change from her piggy bank.

A BIG thank you to sponsors for the night, too. I couldn't have done this without your generosity!

Olive Garden (@ the District)
Kneaders Bakery (@ Jordan Landing)
Little Caesars (on 4800 West and 7000 South)
Family Dollar (@ Airport Road)
Cinemark Theaters (@Jordan Landing)

If any of you head to these places, will you stop by and tell the managers that their donations were much appreciated? Thank you cards are nice, but a face-to-face from someone down the road might be nice, too. And...maybe when YOU need to raise funds for YOUR trip, they'll help you out too.

And, for the record, $600 from the above goes towards the cost of my trip (because donations made to VO have to be used that way) and $753 will be what I take with me to purchase whatever needs the places I visit have. Looking forward to finding out what kinds of needs can be met with your generosity!

Thank you for making Saturday a very special night. I'm sure God was smiling at all of you who gathered to pray for, learn about and donate to children that are sometimes forgotten. I LOVE MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment