Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Church in Korah

8 hours of our day (Thursday) was spent driving 120 km (that's 75mph for you metric challenged folks out there.) dodging in and out of traffic, stopping for cows and goats to cross and anything else "Africa" you could possibly think of. It was hilarious and a little scary all at the same time. Went to the boarding school where Project 61 kids attend and they just loved having us there. There were 250 of them and 24 of us.

At the boarding school (Project 61)















Cattle crossing! There were lots of these that slowed us down. There are no speed limits and people just drive like they do in China, only FASTER when on the straight roads...Holy Crap! I felt like I was in a racecar. And there were 4 vans in our caravan. The drive was 8 hours there and back. Notice the "Jesus Take the Wheel" hanging from the mirror? That was so true!















Going to do a church service for the kids in Korah today. I guess there will be 250 kids there, but about 6,000 live in Korah. Korah is the place of the trash dump. That is a lot of kids who survive on the dump. Then we are going to go to the first orphanage we went to earlier to fix it up and clean it out again. I hate to say it, but I think we need a bigger house someday. 4 bedrooms may not be enough :O (Kyle doesn't know what think after typing that. She knows the rules.)



HIV education












































This diaper photo was at one of the orphanages with 200 kids. I'm not sure how many babies, but that clothes line is always full! And I thought I hated changing diapers. Look at all of those.














This is a hut that the lucky few in the country side live in. They are everywhere.











Here are our translators/drivers/bodyguards. They are really funny, and very protective of us.















-------------------------------------------

News from the Homefront:

MJ got to spend the day with her friend at Wheeler Farm. Watching and feeding the ducks and posing on the tractor and horse saddle. MJ didn't like the smell and wanted to go home.
















































Work did not go well for me today. I had writers block that made me really late in getting home. Dinner even arrived before I did. The kids love the food. I fixed the washing machine so now I can get back to the laundry that seemed to pile up out of nowhere. I played softball and did ok in the outfield but had a terrible time at the plate. We'll just leave it at that. The other team's catcher was a bit too close to the plate and took a bat to the forehead. The paramedics arrived and she will most likely need stitches. Our prayers are with her for a quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment