Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Something good is coming...



Beauty arises out of ashes. I believe that. I've seen it. I've lived it. Right now my house isn't on fire, but my spirit seems to be. I know that there is a plan and a purpose for everything- even the trials of life - and right now there seem to many. Some are mine (and my family's). Some are trials my close friends are dealing with. Being available for my friends and family is right where I want to be, but it's exhausting. If only I could push the "stop" button on the things that need to be done, yet seem to trivial in comparison (grocery shopping, laundry, homework, adoption fundraising).

My prayer...maybe yours too?
Lord, thank you for the trials you have given me. Thank you for trusting me to do the right thing, no matter how hard it might be to do. Thank you for showing me love and mercy that I seem to find an abundance of during the difficult times I'm facing. Please, God, help me show others your love, too, so they will want to know you; truly know you. Help me, who lives in abundance, to give freely instead of wanting to find ways to make my life easier. It's not about me, after all. Help me be able to communicate my sense of urgency for 'the least of these' to those who don't get it, or think they don't have the time, energy or resources to get it. Pour out your love and compassion on those who want to learn and do more. Protect them as they venture into what might be unfamiliar or uncomfortable territory. Show them you are there, walking beside them every step of the way, and bless them in ways they can't even imagine when they do step out in faith. Let us all ask the question, "What would life be like if Jesus was alive in me?" Amen




"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment