Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Another update - and more "bonding"



Received this e-mail this morning from Kyle:

We moved rooms so now I don't have internet access. I am using the front desk computer. Today we had court at 930. Waited till about 1030 or 11 for my turn. 6 questions and done. ("court" usually takes only 15 minutes anyhow). Did not pass court because of the MOWA letter (that would be the 1 paperwork thing I mentioned yesterday). Our agency guide talked with the orphanage director (where "he" used to be) while I was at court. He picked me up after court and said they would have the letter later today. Then, if I understood him correctly, 9 days later he could get a court date to present the letter. Either way, it is good and we should have the letter soon.

After court went to Kaldi's again for lunch. We hung out at the Guest House today. Played soccer, watched an action movie - some ninja kids movie. I journaled. We had a coffee ceremony in the lobby, played some more soccer and are now chilling. Most families are leaving tonight. One lady, Corinne, is here long term with her 10 month old boy until she can get some paperwork from Nairobi. We are going to take two other older kids tomorrow to the zoo and then to the Sheraton for swimming and playing on a playground. She is just looking to get out. She has to find her own things to do. She has been here a week now (how frustrating that has to be!)

"He" likes action movies and I hear the care center plays some more PG13'ish movies. Tango and Cash were on TV this afternoon, Murder at 1600 (wesley snipes), now a Pierce Brosnan movie. Weather is cool here, cloudy and 70's. Not sure about dinner plans tonight.

I got his paperwork from court. Lists his mom and dad's names and his brothers and sisters names. Does not say how they died, just fatal illness. Says where they were buried. Also has the petition of the aunt and uncle that gave him to the orphanage. Says birthday is 2003 (maybe he's Chelsea's age after all?). Paperwork could be wrong. He will stay with me again tonight. I'll try to attach a couple of pics here. I will take some pics at the zoo and swimming and try to send tomorrow before I leave. Not much else to report.

We are getting along okay. Not too deep of conversations. Lots of Go Fish and memory games have been played! He knows basic English but does not understand when I ask him other questions about life, care center, orphanage, or family.

Yea! They are still "bonding"...and "he" hasn't asked to go back to the care center. That has to be a good sign, right? And, those pictures he sent are foreign to me...can't figure out how to open them, much less post them, dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment