Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Final update from Ethiopia


Kyle's update arrived during my car-pool run...so I missed getting to e-mail him right back. Figures!

Anyhow, his day of swimming, zoo and lunch went fine. The mom that's "stuck" there was with him, and the two older boys ended up not going with them after all. Guess they had check-ups scheduled. Kyle said "he" told him he knew how to swim, so Kyle watched him jump in the 6 foot end, then immediately jumped in himself for the rescue. Guess we'll be in swim lessons sooner than later! They spent about 90 minutes swimming, and had a good time.

Kyle said communication is a little challenging, but having things to do helped. (I'm thinking that the non-verbal was what mattered. I mean, when was the last time someone took this little guy out for lunch, to the zoo, swimming and played countless Go Fish games?)

The letter he was hoping to get figured out before he left wasn't done yet. It wasn't the "easier" one, but it will come - eventually. Start praying, my friends. The longer it takes to get just delays our date to bringing him home...where he is so wanted! I think Chelsea was about to cry this morning when I told her dad was coming home without "him". She knew this, but after knowing her dad was there with him, she said she felt very sad knowing "he" had to stay behind. She's so like her mother (which is kinda scary!). I know I said I wanted to go with Kyle this time, but I wonder if I'd be on the flight with him right now...or staying behind because I couldn't will myself to leave.

Other parts of his update were incredibly tender, but those part won't be posted here. Sorry...gotta keep some special memories between just the two of us. However, if you want sweet memories of your own...I've got the BEST advice. Call an adoption agency, tell them you want to love a child who needs a family, and make your own memories!

Kyle's headed to the airport as I type this, and won't be back home until late tomorrow night. It'll probably take a couple days for him to "sleep it off" enough to post more about his trip, so this is likely the last "update" for a little while.

Thank you for your continued prayers (particularly the one about the 1 letter we need).

No comments:

Post a Comment