Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Monday, April 30, 2012

We're getting closer...

Still not sure I want to predict a time frame on when we bring this cute face home, but I know we're getting closer - much closer.  Maybe by the end of the week I'll make a more formal prediction based on trends I'm seeing from other families who are at the same stage we're at.  Or, maybe I won't.

To see where we're at and what we're waiting for, check out the list in the post just underneath this one.  We have confirmation that more has been checked off our list!

In other news, we got Habtamu and Corey's room painted this weekend - finally!  I'd post a picture, but a certain 12 year old forgot to clear off his bottom bunk - again.  After moving all the kids' bedrooms around three months ago, it's about time we covered over the pink walls that were once home to our girls.  After all, we CAN'T bring Habtamu home to a bedroom that matches his crocks even if Corey swears that pink can be a boy's color. 

As many of you know, we sent a care package to Habtamu with someone who traveled there a couple weeks ago.  As you can see, one pair of shoes (okay, they're sandals) fit him okay.  And this time, we included 6 pair of socks!  You may remember, when Kyle went to court in January he didn't bring socks for him.  Just shorts and t-shirts (and in all honesty, I didn't know kids wore socks over there so I didn't bother to pack any. That was my first "mother guilt" experience with my Ethiopian son :o(

Here are some recent pics. of him. Notice him looking at the photo album?  The picture he's looking at was the very first one I took of us together last year.  It was taken on Mother's Day 2011 - the day I landed in his country.  What was initially just a cute photo of a cute kid has turned out to be a family photo after all. 



That's the update for now!  Hopefully the next one will be more informative :o)

PS)  Sometime between Sunday night (May 6th) and Monday morning (May 7th) there will be a unique video posted to this blog.  That's all I am saying for now...





2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! he is so handsome! i hope he comes home SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfway through the check list, yeah! Let's pray he will be home by 1st week of June so I can meet him when I visit you, if not definately by September! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete