Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In less than a week...

By this time next week, this face will be with his forever family.  Yep, we're FINALLY headed to Africa; to bring him home.  Last year when I returned from Ethiopia I told most everyone that I felt like I left part of my heart behind.  I guess you could say I'm going to get it back.

We have plant sitters, dog-sitters, house sitters and house guests all arranged while we're gone...and I think planning the trip to Ethiopia is WAY easier than getting things organized here with work, pets, plants and people.  Seriously! 

We'll try to keep our blog current by sending updates via e-mail...but we'll see how that goes!   Thanks for your prayers, for the donations for the care center (and other places) that are showing up daily, and for the encouragement along the way.  The wait is almost over...and a new chapter is about to begin - again!



4 comments:

  1. YAY! Doin' the Happy Dance for you guys! So awesome!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to meet him! Love you guys!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I am so glad you finally get to bring him home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, I'm going to get to meet my newest grandchild (#12) on this visit! Awesome :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete