Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Saturday, June 2, 2012

And we're off!



Got to the airport without any issues...none!  No lines or anything if you can believe that!  The boys checked our checked baggage while us girls waited patiently "guarding" the rest of our stuff. 

The train ride was fun, and you can see how the kids enjoyed that part of our journey.  Apparently NOT sitting was the best part.  Chelsea enjoyed the maximum speed of that thing and wanted to ride it for the rest of the day.


Jared found the plug-in station for the I-Pod and just after he sat down a group of teens showed up (after I got these pics posted, of course) and he made a friend...or two :o)  Ironically, they were all girls.

And now, a word from Chelsea:

"When I heard about the tornado warning I was scared out of my shorts!  I'm so glad I had to sleep next to Jared so he could protect me.  I am a little scared to go to Africa because I might get stared at.  I'm also nervous and when I'm nervous I won't eat much."

"I'm excited to meet Habtamu and I can't wait to see how many friends he has.  I hope they like the toys and other stuff we brought.  I am excited to give them all those things and see how cute the kids are in Ethiopia."

And now, a word from Jared: 

"I officially hate flying and I don't care for turbulance.  Still can't believe I'm heading to Africa and it'll probably hit me after I get there.  The plane we're about to get on is bigger than I expected but I wish I could jump into a teleporting machine and teleport myself over there instead.  That's all!" 

We should begin boarding in a couple minutes, so we're signing off!  Next post will be from Africa...with our SON!  Yea!









3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm screaming on the inside! It's so soon! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! So excited for you, too! I know that anticipation so well...Can't wait to meet him when you get home! Love you guys!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed your phone call last night. Thanks for catching me this morning before your flight. Nice picture of you talking with me! hehe Have a very safe journey & I'm sooo glad I'll be able to meet Habtamu on this trip next week. Corey, MJ & I'll hold down the fort until your return. Hugs & Kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete