Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I won't rest...I can't.

The past few days (maybe weeks) have been hard. For those of you who know me, you know why. For those that don't, let's just say that promoting something that is at the heart of who I am doesn't always fall on ears who want to hear it. I get it...but it still hurts. If this one topic hurts me this badly, I can only begin to imagine how we must hurt God when His words fall on our deaf ears.

Well, my ear plugs are gone. My channel isn't changing. I'm taking the Bible literally this year when it says: "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:8-9)

Maybe Tony and Lauren Dungy can say it better than I can. Maybe at one time people thought they were nuts too? If so, then I am in good company - and there is no place I'd rather be :o)

Super Bowl Winning Coach Tony Dungy Halftime Video for AdoptionJourney.org from Adoption Journey on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment