Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our dossier has landed

The Dossier:

Just heard today that our dossier arrived in Ethiopia last week safe and sound. Courts open up next month (they close for two months during the rainy season), so we should be getting a court date in the next few weeks.

For those who have no clue how Ethiopia adoptions work (and might like too), families have to get their dossier to Ethiopia before they can be scheduled for a court date. If they "pass" court, then an Embassy date is set 2-3 months later. The Embassy date is when you get to finalize the adoption and bring your child home.

As of now, Kyle will probably go it alone in October/November-ish for court. I've "seen the child", so technically I can skip this step (though I wish I didn't have too!). Depending on how our fundraising goes will determine if both of us go for the Embassy date or just me.

Jared, however, applied for a passport this weekend, and WILL be going for the Embassy date. He admitted he was a little nervous, but is also excited to be doing something none of his friends have ever done before...guess he will get to cross that one off his "bucket list"!


This would be what I REALLY looked like putting together our dossier. It was EASY compared to the one we did for China. That said, I bet you can just imagine what I looked like then!

No comments:

Post a Comment