Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DTE, Court, Fingerprints & Music

We have a DTE date: Dossier To Ethiopia = 9/1/11. Next week we are being presented in court. If all goes well (meaning our documents and our son-to-be's documents are found to be in order), we'll get a court date. THIS is when Kyle will go to Ethiopia (and me, if by some miracle we can pull that one off). Sometimes things aren't "in order" and have to be re-done...so please pray with us that everything is done properly (and that the gov't doesn't change it's mind about something on a whim - which can happen). If you're wondering why we can't post pictures yet - it's because we can't post pictures legally yet. I've been getting some from other VO teams and OH teams, so once we're "legal" we'll have a posting party...and be able to tell you his name.


Meanwhile, we got our fingerprints done today for USCIS. As we left our appointment I told Kyle I couldn't believe we were back here - doing fingerprints - for another I600-A. I told him "You know, I can't promise that this will be the last time..." He just smiled and then sort of chuckled out loud. Then he kissed me. Guess he knows that it's not me who makes his life crazy all the time - sometimes it's God wanting us to "love like crazy". And Kyle - I truly love you like crazy! You're still the best thing God has ever given me :o)

For you country fans out there, do you know the song Love Like Crazy? Well, when one jumps into adoption - international adoption nonetheless, that song takes on a whole new meaning!



One Less...

No comments:

Post a Comment