Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

What if there are children who will suffer somehow because I failed to obey God?
What if my cowardice costs even one child somewhere in the world his or her life?
(excerpt from The Hole in Our Gospel)

Friday, September 16, 2011

A week of Ups and Downs

I keep up with the happenings at one orphanage in particular (I'm sure you can all guess the one). Today, I am ready to share another heart-wrenching story from our son-to-be's orphanage. My heart is completely broken (again) for this far away place called Ethiopia and all the children who live there...and die there.

click here to read Ashli's story

My post isn't all bad today, though. My "up of the week" is that very good friend's of ours have decided they have room for one more too. I'll be blog-linking with them once they're up and running (and once their little secret is out). So, even though one more child will never have an Earthly forever family...another child is about too!

No comments:

Post a Comment